The problem with wood is that it will rot in a few years. Pressure treating only slows the process. You would have to line the soil side of the wood with heavy plastic to protect the wood.
Retaining Wall and Pressure Treated Wood ?? The Ditch has 45' banks on bothsides , stretches 12ft. and stands 4 1/2ft. the centre point.. The R/W holds back 2" and 5/8 stone..
We built the exposed surfaces of this wall with brown pressure treated lumber and below-grade members with less expensive green treated lumber. We chose the brown simply for its looks. If your lumberyard doesn't carry brown, use green for all the parts and stain any exposed wood after the wall is up.
Building a lumber retaining wall is a fantastic way to bring both form and function to your backyard landscape. In terms of difficulty this project rates on the more high side on the homeowners scale. Theyll be plenty of manual labor required to move wheelbarrows of material and heavy timbers
The lumber for this wall will be ACQ pressure-treated 6-by-6 and 2-by-8s with double hot-dipped galvanized fasteners. Theres no beating pressure-treated lumber in ground-contact situations. The reason for double hot-dipped galvanized fasteners, as opposed to electro-galvanized or coated, is that the new formula for pressure treating
The best kind of lumber for these walls is Douglas fir pressure treated with preservatives to discourage rot. It will be green or brown in color and rated for earth-to-wood contact. For timber walls, large timbers for can be very expensive, which is why railroad ties are a common alternative.
Because a retaining wall is going to be in contact with the ground, make sure you use lumber that's rated for ground contact. Your best choice is a pressure-treated wood that has a rating of .40 or higher.
Wood retaining walls provide structure, stability, and natural beauty to gardens and landscaping projects. They continue to be a popular choice because of the natural look they provide and because of their low price point, relative to expensive masonry and concrete retaining walls.
Re: Building a retaining wall with pressure treated lumber You are probably OK, some kind of drainage rock behind the wall with an exit for the water never hurts.
- Synthetic Teak Decking
- Outdoor Wall Panel
- Ecological WPC Floor
- Best DIY Decking
- Impact Resistance PVC Fence
- Waterproof WPC Pergola
- Outdoor Other Products
- Boat Deck Install step
- Wall Panel Install step
- WPC Floor Install step
- DIY Decking Install step
- PVC Fence Install step
- WPC Fence Install step
Other Products Case:
- yard composite decking material suppliers
- board room wpc wall panel ling
- evolve plastic decking prices
- fence ideas for front yard designs
- fill timber decking screw holes
- popular wood composite decking
- gas fire pit on composite deck
- wpc fencing southern california
- vinyl fencing online store
- garage epoxy floor cost
- staggering joints in laminate flooring
- hard plastic wood floor looks like wood
- fence lumber liquidator
- cost of outdoor decking per square meter
- exterior vinyl siding
- best retaining wall system
- composite timber anti slip deck best brand
- cost of wood deck boards Indonesia
- hardwood versus laminate flooring the truth
- diy wooden floors singapore
- open floor joist pricing
- pvc fences suppliers in thailand
- plastic patio chairs wholesale
- mosaic vinyl sheet flooring
- dealer wholesale for evolve decking
- ensuring air flow under decking
- thrifty white panel board